The behaviour policy at Coleridge Primary School is central to our vision and ethos. It runs through the whole school and its teaching, providing opportunities for children to learn how to behave appropriately in a range of circumstances.
We aim for children to feel safe and to help develop respect and empathy for others. Children need to understand the consequences of their behaviour and the impact it may have on those around them. The school’s behaviour policy is a document that is shared, understood and used by the whole school community.
Key principles underpinning this policy:
- Relationships within the school are respectful.
- There is a positive ethos which develops co-operation and consideration.
- Staff work with parents, and parents are involved with their child’s schooling.
- There is provision within the school for a child’s emotional needs.
- Children understand the rules and expectations of the school.
- Staff follow clear and transparent procedures for issuing both rewards and sanctions.
- There is a clear system to combat bullying.
- The school has a system for working with outside agencies for support.
- Exclusion is only used as a last resort.
Click here to view full Behaviour Policy.
Click here to view the infant and junior behaviour consequence sheets.
Click here to read about our Anti Bullying Policy.