The school also operates a number of activities that enrich the curriculum and are enjoyed by all the children. These activities include outings for all year groups and the opportunity to attend activities such as science workshops, author talks and drama groups that visit school. There is an annual residential trip for Year 6 pupils. The cost of these activities is met by parental contribution.
Current legislation regarding parental contribution means:
- any parental payment for an outing or activity is voluntary
- we offer free packed lunches to anyone who normally has free school meals
- we do not ask for payment for board and lodging from anyone receiving Income Support or Family Credit but we ask for a voluntary contribution towards other costs of the Year 6 residential trip
- the amount of the voluntary payment requested is £30 at the start of the year. Once each year team knows how much they have collected they will then be able to budget and book trips accordingly.
- we do not ask for money for materials or money to cover the cost of practical activities
- we do not ask for money to cover staff costs
However, we are allowed to:
- ask for voluntary contributions of money or materials
- cancel an activity if there is inadequate support
All children are treated equally whether or not their parents have made a voluntary contribution.
Instrumental music is available to all pupils for an extra charge via the Haringey peripatetic music scheme. Parents can ask in either school office for an application form. Children are expected to provide their own recorder but all other instruments can be hired for a modest extra charge.
No charge is made for extra-curricular clubs and activities run by school staff. Any charges made by outside groups for after school clubs will be the direct responsibility of the group/s concerned.