Drug & Alcohol Education Policy
Drugs and alcohol can be a sensitive topic, but we aim to ensure that our children have the knowledge and skills to understand the risks of drugs and alcohol, and make informed decisions in later life.
By providing drug and alcohol education, we aim to:
- Enable our pupils to make healthy, informed choices through increasing their knowledge, challenging and exploring attitudes, and developing and practising skills
- Help children to value themselves and others, and to help and support each other
- Listen to our pupils’ thoughts, feelings and concerns so that our teaching responds to their needs
- Encourage an understanding of children and adults dependent on medicinal drugs
- Develop personal and social skills, such as refusal skills and decision-making skills
- Empower children to take increasing responsibility for themselves and their actions
- Increase understanding about the implications and possible consequences of drug use and misuse
- Help our pupils distinguish between different substances, considering their use, misuse, benefit and harm
- Give unbiased and correct information
- Widen understanding about related health, social and legal issues
- Enable our pupils to identify where help and support can be found
- To develop as a health-promoting school
Please click here to read our full Drug and Alcohol Education policy.