In this school we will ensure that at every level, in all our work and throughout all aspects of the school community and its life, all will be treated equally.
- To ensure that all learners have equal access to a rich, broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- To advance equality of opportunity by ensuring that teaching, learning and curriculum promote equality, celebrate diversity and promote community cohesion by fostering good relations.
- To eliminate any discrimination, harassment and victimisation. To ensure that no-one is unfairly or illegally disadvantaged as a consequence of their age, disability, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnic or national origin, disability or religious beliefs.
- To recognise and celebrate diversity within our community.
- To ensure that those with leadership responsibility and individual members of staff, accept responsibility for planning teaching, learning and the curriculum and that this policy is applied to all we do.
- To increase transparency so that learners and parents are fully involved in the provision made by the school.
- To ensure that within the school budget, adequate funding is provided to underpin this policy and that intervention, positive action and preventative action are funded where needed.
Click here to read our Equality Policy