Relationships & Sex Education
Relationships and sexual matters can be a delicate subject, but we believe that children should understand their bodies and the behaviour of others, to allow them to make informed decisions in later life, and avoid harm.
We broadly teach children about:
- The physical development of their bodies as they grow into adults
- The way humans reproduce
- Respect for your bodies and the importance of sexual activity as part of a committed, long-term, and loving relationship
- The importance of family life
- Moral questions
- Respect with relationship and relationship issues
- Equality: respect for difference and the views and beliefs of other people
- Everyone is responsible for their own behaviour & creating safe school communities
- Protecting children explaining boundaries and safety (safeguarding)
- Sexual abuse and what they should do if they are worried about any sexual matters and where to get help
- Development of life skills and respectful attitudes and values
Click here to read our current Sex and Relationships Education Policy.
We are currently in the process of updating this policy. Click here to read our Draft PSHE and RSE Policy.