- The GB were updated that the SLT (Senior Leadership Team) is currently in the process of revising the SDP (School Development Plan) to reflect OFSTED outcomes. The SDP leaders will meet with SLT and compile action plans for each priority.
- Office staff are in the process of reviewing systems for maintaining safeguarding records.
- Regarding security it was noted the School has a Disaster Recovery Plan and that tighter procedures are now in place to secure school assets.
- Temperatures in classrooms continue to be monitored and a solution is being explored with Haringey local authority.
- Governors’ Day on 9th June was very successful. Feedback was extremely positive and it was a great opportunity for governors to sit in on lessons, dance, PE and forest school.
- Ben Strange presented to the GB on challenges of assessment without standard levels of assessment (introduced by the Government) where each school can determine their own assessment system. The school has designed a thorough assessment scheme linked to tracking for each child which staff are being trained on.
- GB discussed Halls Project (creating one school hall with removable partition) with the hope of the working taking place in Summer 2016. Coleridge Families have agreed to help with fundraising.
- Administration for caterers is improving and headway has been made in chasing parents/carers for school meals outstanding debt of £13K.
- Representative from caterers attended the meeting to give an overview of the latest position.
- Latest school Budget vs Actual presented and discussed
- Plan to look into school’s energy efficiency rating.
- Preparations for school audit taking place in July continuing
- Committee approved Asset Management Policy, ICT equipment disposal policy and Record Management Policy.
- 5 NQTs have been appointed
Child & Community Committee
- The CCC discussed ways of ensuring healthier packed lunches,
- An improved document for parents on Special Educational Needs and Development is being written and the possibility of setting up a parent support group was discussed. Two of our governors have attended the staff training on autism.
- The school will be reviewing its Home Learning policy next academic year.
- Project starting to improve the library, in particular getting more up-to-date stock
- CCC discussed how the School can continue to improve communication with parents/carers.
- The committee discussed progress regarding ongoing problem of classroom temperatures and ventilation. Haringey has come back to the school with an enhanced proposal. Also discussed issue of mounting lost property, after-school behaviour and maintenance and development schedule. School are also reviewing their Accessibility Plan and looking at sustainability.
- School Business manager is looking at a number of quotes for grounds maintenance.
- Health & Safety team looking at security to ensure access to school is more secure.