Your child may be eligible for the Pupil Premium grant, if:
- They are currently entitled to a free school meal based on your family income
- They have been entitled to a free school meal in the last 6 years
- They have been adopted from local authority care
- You work in the armed services
The Pupil Premium provides the school with additional money which we can use to offer curriculum support and enrichment opportunities for your child. These can include:
- Access to free school meals (depending on family income)
- Access to extra-curricular clubs
- Discounts on school events and trips
- Free books at author events
To find out more about how we spend this money, have a look at our Pupil Premium spending statement.
Checking your eligibility
Finding out if you are eligible for free school meals (and thus the Pupil Premium grant) is very straightforward and the check can be completed online using the FSM Eligibility Checker. It takes less than 5 minutes and only requires a few basic details, including your National Insurance number.
We would ask that all parents check their free school meal eligibility, even if they do not want or need the meal (for example, children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 in receipt of Universal Infant Free School Meals). Every successful application means extra Pupil Premium funding for the school, and for your child.
Please click here to check if you are eligible.