The school operates a number of activities that enrich the curriculum and are enjoyed by all the children. These activities include outings for all year groups, and invitations to artists and drama groups to come into school. There is also an annual residential trip for Year 6 pupils.
Current legislation regarding parental contribution means:
- any parental payment for an outing or activity is voluntary
- we offer free packed lunches to anyone who normally has free school meals
- we do not ask for payment for board and lodging from anyone receiving Income Support or Family Credit but we ask for a voluntary contribution towards other costs of the Year 6 residential trip
- the amount of the voluntary payment requested is the exact cost for each child
- we do not ask for money for materials or money to cover the cost of practical activities
- we do not ask for money to cover staff costs
However, we are allowed to:
- ask for voluntary contributions of money or materials
- cancel an activity if there is inadequate support
Each September parents are asked for a one-off recommended contribution per child at the beginning of each academic year, which will determine the budget allocation for trips for each year group.
All children are treated equally whether or not their parents have made a voluntary contribution. We are always in need of parents to accompany class outings.
For more information, please see our Educational Visits Policy on our Policies page.