Our team is led by Jane O’Rourke, a Child, Adolescent and Family Psychotherapist and is specialised in offering individual therapeutic sessions for children as well as family work and group sessions.
We provide a professional, confidential counselling service based in school and tailored to the individual requirements of children, parents and staff.
We know that when children are stressed or unhappy they are less able to function well in all areas of their lives. At school this can impact on their capacity to learn and to participate in everything else school has to offer. It can also affect their relationships with friends and their self-confidence.
What we help with
These are some of the difficulties that regularly come up that families need help with:
- Anxiety and depression
- Parents splitting up
- Relationship problems with families and friends
- Domestic abuse
- Behavioural problems
- Coping with changes
There are different levels of support at school available to help children and their families through the difficult times. We create a therapeutic plan with parents and teachers that is tailored to the needs of individual children and their families. It might include a mix of parent sessions, children and parents together and children being seen individually for one to one sessions. Children might also be offered one of our therapeutic groups.
What we offer
- Individual child psychotherapy for children
- Family psychotherapy
- Consultation and support for parents
- Group psychotherapy with children
- Individual Music Therapy for children
- Group Music Therapy for children and parents
- Girls Groups
- Nurture Groups for younger children
- Links and liaison with other professionals supporting your child
- Consultation and support for staff