Coleridge Primary School and our PSA, Coleridge Families, encourages and values the participation of everyone in our community.
There are many ways to get involved…
Socialise & have fun
- Check the school events calendar and the Coleridge Families newsletter (click here to sign up)
- Organise a coffee morning or evening meet-up with your Class Rep.
- Join the class WhatsApp group (or suggest to your Rep starts one). Some classes have a ‘Noticeboard’ group where only the Reps post school and event reminders, and then another separate group for everyone to chat and socialise.
- Join the Coleridge Families closed Facebook groups to start or join conversations with others, as well as buy/sell/give away used items in our marketplace.
Volunteer or help out at events or in school
- Get in touch with Coleridge Families’ events team about helping organise or volunteering at events like the fireworks party, the summer fair or the school play, and info on becoming a class Rep firstname.lastname@example.org (or you can suggest a new event to run!)
- Volunteer weekly at school as a reading, maths or library helper, or at lunchtime (training & DBS checks are included) email email@example.com.
- If you can help with some gardening tasks around the school site please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Let a class teacher know you are available for extra help e.g. in the art room or on trips – email email@example.com
- Offer language skills to help with translation exercises to make our communications more inclusive – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are also building an alumni network, anyone with links to the school can email email@example.com to find out more.
Share your expertise or interests
Contribute materially & donate
- Start a monthly direct debit (or one-off donation) to the Coleridge Voluntary Fund which goes directly to teaching, learning & wellbeing priorities
- Come along and enjoy a Coleridge Families event (including summer fair, quiz night, silent disco, fireworks night) to support fundraising for the school. You can buy fantastic Coleridge merchandise including clothing, water bottles, our cookbook & jokebook at the Coleridge Families shop
- Make a donation online to Coleridge Families (our parent-staff association) at our Givey page
- You can support us while you shop too, see the Coleridge Families donation page where there’s links to our Amazon and Pickled Pepper Books ‘wish lists’
- Find out about sponsorship opportunities for your business Coleridge Families sponsorship page
Get support or share your views
- Speak to your child’s class teacher first if you have any concerns at all (or email them via firstname.lastname@example.org), after that there’s the opportunity for a meeting with the Year Group Leader and then the Head/SLT
- Click here to see the full process for Raising Concerns
- Click here to see our growing Wellbeing resources page to find out more about mental health support and policies, or ask your class teacher about referrals to the Counselling Service
- Contact the Wellbeing Governors to find out more about organisations and options or suggest an idea – email email@example.com
- Speak to our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Leads about your ideas, and also becoming or finding a Diversity Champion – email firstname.lastname@example.org